Spend Less Money and Increase Your Advantage!
Online interactive programs that teach English are expensive for many students. They need to have a computer that can access the content within a reasonable period of time. They must also buy the program to be downloaded onto their computer. The expense for all of this can be reduced if the students plan to work with a friend. This article discusses the advantages plus some things to be considered before buying a program.
Learning English alone can be a little overwhelming. Perhaps working with a friend would be more relaxing, more fun, and more effective. You could support each other through the complexities of the language and laugh together at the content. Even as you begin, you could talk together, asking each other, “How are you?” or “How are you doing?” Although this may sound like a very limited conversation, you would need to have many answers ready to meet all of the situations.
Here Are Some Suggestions as to How this Might Be Arranged
A convenient computer location for both parties would be the first decision. This might be possible for:
– two members of the same family
– two students sharing a room in a university dormitory
– students who live in the same building
– high school students who can use a computer in the school’s language lab
Working Together Would Require Planning
– if students decide to work together they would need to plan the times that would be available to both of them
– they would need to be working at the same English level
– they would need to have a similar approach to learning a language – visual – auditory or using both modalities
Another Possibility Would Be for Several Students to Have Access
to the Computer Containing the Downloaded Program.
– with careful planning, they could use the computer individually or they could study together.
– using the same computer but working individually would reduce the need to be working at exactly the same level, as several levels can be purchased at one time.
– whether working together or individually, they would need to plan their times carefully
How Could an Interactive Program Accommodate Two Students at the Same Time?
An interactive language program where the answers are provided by a click of the mouse, likely includes many of the following activities that can be effectively shared:
– listening and repeating
– answering questions in sentences
– completing dialogues
– matching words and definitions
– understanding and following directions
– written work
– completing paragraphs using the correct tense
– asking questions
We suggest that you consider these suggestions before purchasing an online interactive English second language program. Careful planning before you begin could save you a lot of time and money. It will also help you to choose the program best suited to your learning style. Try to find a program that is interesting – something that you will enjoy.